Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tag your Tots

All week GMTV are urging parents to make sure their young are safe this summer. The week runs from the 9-13th July and this year they are giving away 900,000 wristbands that work as identity bracelets (with two alternative parent/family contact numbers on).

I have Reusable IdentiBands™ for both my children.

A few months ago we visited Woburn Safari park. Since it was a bank holiday weekend the park was mobbed. I was worried sick that I would lose the children. It wasn’t the ideal solution but I put one of my business cards in their pocket. I told them that if they got lost then they were to show an adult my card so that they could phone me. This was fine for my son but I don’t think my daughter would have been old enough to remember what I had told her.

When we got home that evening I ordered some ID bands from www.icegems.co.uk

'IdentiBands are not only perfect identification for youngsters, but also an excellent solution for those with the need to alert others to medical conditions such as diabetes or allergies.'

They are ideal for a child who has a communication problem as all they need to do is show the band to someone rather than try to relay their details. The bands come with a pen so you can write what you like inside, I’ve just written, ‘Mum Tel: …………………. ‘

No comments: